You are a CFR student-member?
According to the CFR statutes, student researcher members (enrolled in the 2nd or 3rd university cycle) conduct research on a subject the subject of which is relevant to the scientific programming of the CFR and prepare their dissertations or theses under the supervision of a director or a co-director who is a regular researcher of the CFR...
- The services offered by research professionals of CFR...
Did you know that the CFR employs a dozen research professionals whose main task is to help you in your research? You have a problem in statistics, with a geographic information system (GIS) or database? If you have soil samples to analyze an article or text (grant application, official e-mail ...) to review, in French or English? See the specialties of each of these professional in the CFR Services page and do not hesitate to contact them...
They also provide training workshops to make you better researchers.
The CFR reimburses the costs of translation during linguistic revisions of your scientific publications.
- Your page on the CFR website...
The CFR website is built on a wiki . platform. This is to better allow you to build your own web page in complete freedom!
Make sure your name appears in the yellow box in the page of your director or co-director, regular member of the CFR and ask your supervisor, a research professional or your lab manager (see sidebar "Your lab is your team!") to create and give you editing access to your page.
It's very simple and well documented! Links to the best member pages appear on the left menu in the box titled Member Profile. It could be you!
If your name does not appear on the page of your director or your co-director who is a regular member of the CFR, it means that you are not in our database. See the box "Information about you is valuable to us"...
- Keep yourself informed...
While doing scientific research, it is also important to take part in events, seminars, conferences, meetings, exchanges...
- Facebook and Twitter from CFR allows you to follow or comment on CFR news.
- The CFR private Facebook group offers a space for discussion on all subjects (relating to forestry research or CFR) that interest you. It also facilitates the integration of new members into the CFR community. This is the place to ask questions, start discussions and why not debates on everything related to the forest.
- CEF-TV offers you conferences, events, capsules. This is the CFR's video showcase!
- The CEF Agenda provides you with a whole list of seminars and activities that are relevant to the orientations of the CEF.
- inform you about topics related to the CEF and elsewhere.
- The CEF's Blog offers you more in-depth articles, advice from CEF research professionals, conference reports, the opinions of our members and popular science articles.
- In the medias try to inventory all that has been said about the forest in the Quebec media.
- The CEF Newsletter gathers all this information in an email sent every Friday evening Subscribe!.
To announce an event, post news or an article, write to Mélanie Desrochers.
- Need French lessons?
Having a good command of the French language will help you integrate into Quebec society, the research community and find a job. Some universities offer francization courses:
- Funding: scholarships and jobs...
Because you have to eat well and have fun from time to time, the CEF offers you jobs and scholarships. You will find in this website:
- scholarships awarded by the CEF,
- scholarships awarded by other organizations,
- jobs and study offersin the areas of interest of the CEF,
These offers are compiled by the CEF research professionals.
- Register yourself as a CEF member! Information about you is essential for the Center...
The CFR maintains a database of all its members. If you are a member and your name does not appear in the personnal box in the page of your supervisor or your co-supervisor, regular member of the CFR, or in the student members page, it is because you are not in our database. Please gather the following information:
- your name and surname,
- your nationality. If you are Canadian, do you identify yourself as Indigenous?
- your email address,
- your university, faculty and department affiliation,
- your new CFR status (master's, PhD candidate, postdoc, internship, technician, professional or other),
- the names of your director and co-director (include contact details for those who are not CEF members), your supervisory committee (other than your director or co-director) or your supervisor,
- the title of your research project,
- the start date of your project (you'd be kind as to let us know when you finish),
- the type of scholarship received (start and end dates),
- are you a student member a another FRQNT research centre (such as QSBC, CEN, etc.).
and send them to Luc Lauzon.
- Your lab is your team!
We have appointed a manager per lab in order to sometimes settle certain details between the students and the coordination of the CFR. They will help you create your web page and will be our main source of information about your lab. Here is the list of these managers:
|Éric Bauce||Jonathan Boucher|
|Yves Bergeron (UQAM)||Danielle Charron|
|Yves Bergeron (UQAT)||Marie-Hélène Longpré|
|Louis Bernier||Martha Nigg|
|Jean Bousquet||Mebarek Lamara|
|Steven G. Cumming||Jean Marchal|
|Daniel Fortin||Ricardo Simon|
|Sylvain Jutras||Amandine Pierre|
|Damase Khasa||Philippe Makoso|
|Line Lapointe||Belén Merelas Meijide|
|Marc Mazerolle||Mathilde Girard-Robert|
|Alison Munson||Jonathan Pedneau|
|David Pothier||Célia Ventura|
|Jean-Claude Ruel||Olivier Villemaire-Côté|
|Martin Simard||Lou Monteil|
|Jean-Pierre Tremblay||Antoine Boudreau LeBlanc|