Paquet1993

Référence

Paquet, J. (1993) Seuils d'acceptabilité de l'impact des coupes à blanc sur la qualité esthétique des paysages forestiers boréaux. Mémoire de maîtrise, Université Laval.

Résumé

Clearcutting generally creates a negative visual impact on forest landscapes. Using a survey conducted on 11 groups of forest users from the Quebec region (309 persons), the objective of the study was to determine the acceptability threshold of different levels of clearcuts on the esthetic quality of forest landscape in a mountainous boreal section. The acceptability threshold for a clearcut in a single patch was reached when the clearcut occupied about 25% of the visible landscape. For the same total clearcut area, distributing the clearcut among many patches made the visual impact more acceptable. However, for 5 of the 11 groups, the level of acceptability remained at 25% of the visible landscape. For the remaining 6 groups, the level of acceptability averaged 50% of the visible landscape. When the regeneration of a clearcut reached a total height of 4.1 to 7 metres, it became visually acceptable for the majority of the surveyed groups. Therefore, clearcuts must at least be in a sub-dominate position in the visible landscape to be considered visually acceptable.

Format EndNote

Vous pouvez importer cette référence dans EndNote.

Format BibTeX-CSV

Vous pouvez importer cette référence en format BibTeX-CSV.

Format BibTeX

Vous pouvez copier l'entrée BibTeX de cette référence ci-bas, ou l'importer directement dans un logiciel tel que JabRef .

@MASTERSTHESIS { Paquet1993,
    AUTHOR = { Paquet, J. },
    TITLE = { Seuils d'acceptabilité de l'impact des coupes à blanc sur la qualité esthétique des paysages forestiers boréaux },
    SCHOOL = { Université Laval },
    YEAR = { 1993 },
    TYPE = { M.Sc. },
    NOTE = { CEFTMS, Guay, L. and Belanger, L. },
    ABSTRACT = { Clearcutting generally creates a negative visual impact on forest landscapes. Using a survey conducted on 11 groups of forest users from the Quebec region (309 persons), the objective of the study was to determine the acceptability threshold of different levels of clearcuts on the esthetic quality of forest landscape in a mountainous boreal section. The acceptability threshold for a clearcut in a single patch was reached when the clearcut occupied about 25% of the visible landscape. For the same total clearcut area, distributing the clearcut among many patches made the visual impact more acceptable. However, for 5 of the 11 groups, the level of acceptability remained at 25% of the visible landscape. For the remaining 6 groups, the level of acceptability averaged 50% of the visible landscape. When the regeneration of a clearcut reached a total height of 4.1 to 7 metres, it became visually acceptable for the majority of the surveyed groups. Therefore, clearcuts must at least be in a sub-dominate position in the visible landscape to be considered visually acceptable. },
    KEYWORDS = { Environmental science Forestry Recreation },
    OWNER = { brugerolles },
    TIMESTAMP = { 2008.01.07 },
}

********************************************************** ***************** Facebook Twitter *********************** **********************************************************

Abonnez-vous à
l'Infolettre du CEF!

********************************************************** ************* Écoles d'été et formation **************************** **********************************************************

Écoles d'été et formations

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Symphonies_Boreales ****************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ***************** Boîte à trucs *************** **********************************************************

CEF-Référence
La référence vedette !

Jérémie Alluard (2016) Les statistiques au moments de la rédaction 

  • Ce document a pour but de guider les étudiants à intégrer de manière appropriée une analyse statistique dans leur rapport de recherche.

Voir les autres...