KrauseMorinPlourde2009

Référence

Krause, C., Morin, H. and Plourde, P.Y. (2009) Juvenile growth of black spruce (Picea mariana [Mill.] BSP) stands established during endemic and epidemic attacks by spruce budworm (Choristoneura fumiferana [Clemens]) in the boreal forest of Quebec, Canada. Forestry Chronicle, 85(2):267-276.

Résumé

In the boreal forest of Quebec, 80% of harvested black spruce (Picea mariana [Mill.] BSP) stands regenerate naturally. In the remaining 20%, forest regeneration is ensured by planting seedlings and these plantations are expected to increase future forest yields. However, predictions of future yields using the information from very young plantations in this ecosystem may have low accuracy. To compare juvenile growth in plantations versus naturally regenerated stands, and also to evaluate the impacts of spruce budworm Choristoneura fumiferana (Clemens) defoliation periods during the juvenile phase, annual height and volume growth were calculated from measurements on nine black spruce stands. The nine sites consisted of two plantations and seven post-fire, naturally regenerated stands. Of the seven naturally regenerated sites, four were epidemic and 3 endemic. The term "epidemic" refers to stands regenerated during known spruce budworm defoliation periods. The term "endemic" refers to stands regenerated during periods without severe defoliation. For height and volume growth, 5 different methods were used and compared. The annual height and volume growth of all black spruce showed a sigmoid trend, characterized by low values in the first years after germination, followed by an exponential acceleration and finally oscillation around a horizontal asymptote. The black spruce stands established during endemic periods were more productive than those established during epidemic periods, but plantations were the most productive.

Format EndNote

Vous pouvez importer cette référence dans EndNote.

Format BibTeX-CSV

Vous pouvez importer cette référence en format BibTeX-CSV.

Format BibTeX

Vous pouvez copier l'entrée BibTeX de cette référence ci-bas, ou l'importer directement dans un logiciel tel que JabRef .

@ARTICLE { KrauseMorinPlourde2009,
    AUTHOR = { Krause, C. and Morin, H. and Plourde, P.Y. },
    TITLE = { Juvenile growth of black spruce (Picea mariana [Mill.] BSP) stands established during endemic and epidemic attacks by spruce budworm (Choristoneura fumiferana [Clemens]) in the boreal forest of Quebec, Canada },
    JOURNAL = { Forestry Chronicle },
    YEAR = { 2009 },
    VOLUME = { 85 },
    PAGES = { 267-276 },
    NUMBER = { 2 },
    MONTH = { mar },
    ABSTRACT = { In the boreal forest of Quebec, 80% of harvested black spruce (Picea mariana [Mill.] BSP) stands regenerate naturally. In the remaining 20%, forest regeneration is ensured by planting seedlings and these plantations are expected to increase future forest yields. However, predictions of future yields using the information from very young plantations in this ecosystem may have low accuracy. To compare juvenile growth in plantations versus naturally regenerated stands, and also to evaluate the impacts of spruce budworm Choristoneura fumiferana (Clemens) defoliation periods during the juvenile phase, annual height and volume growth were calculated from measurements on nine black spruce stands. The nine sites consisted of two plantations and seven post-fire, naturally regenerated stands. Of the seven naturally regenerated sites, four were epidemic and 3 endemic. The term "epidemic" refers to stands regenerated during known spruce budworm defoliation periods. The term "endemic" refers to stands regenerated during periods without severe defoliation. For height and volume growth, 5 different methods were used and compared. The annual height and volume growth of all black spruce showed a sigmoid trend, characterized by low values in the first years after germination, followed by an exponential acceleration and finally oscillation around a horizontal asymptote. The black spruce stands established during endemic periods were more productive than those established during epidemic periods, but plantations were the most productive. },
    AF = { Krause, CorneliaEOLEOLMorin, HubertEOLEOLPlourde, Pierre Y. },
    C1 = { [Krause, Cornelia; Morin, Hubert; Plourde, Pierre Y.] Univ Quebec, Dept Sci Fondamentales, Chicoutimi, PQ G7H 2B1, Canada. },
    DE = { black spruce; juvenile growth; plantation; post-fire stands; spruceEOLEOLbudworm outbreak; volume; yield },
    EM = { ckrause@uqac.ca },
    GA = { 435WE },
    J9 = { FOREST CHRON },
    JI = { For. Chron. },
    KEYWORDS = { YOUNG BALSAM FIR; NEW-BRUNSWICK; DISTURBANCE HISTORY; AGE-DETERMINATION; ROOT DEFORMATION; VOLUME MODEL; WOOD DENSITY; JACK PINE; DYNAMICS; REGENERATION },
    LA = { English },
    NR = { 69 },
    OWNER = { sobru1 },
    PA = { 151 SLATER ST, STE 606, OTTAWA, ONTARIO K1P 5H3, CANADA },
    PG = { 10 },
    PI = { OTTAWA },
    PUBLISHER = { Canadian Inst Forestry },
    RP = { Krause, C, Univ Quebec, Dept Sci Fondamentales, 555 Boul UnivEOLEOLChicoutimi, Chicoutimi, PQ G7H 2B1, Canada. },
    SC = { Forestry },
    SN = { 0015-7546 },
    TC = { 0 },
    TIMESTAMP = { 2009.05.08 },
    UT = { ISI:000265373200020 },
}

********************************************************** ***************** Facebook Twitter *********************** **********************************************************

Abonnez-vous à
l'Infolettre du CEF!

********************************************************** ************* Colloque **************************** **********************************************************

1er au 3 mai 2019
UQAC

********************************************************** ************* R à Québec 2019**************************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ********************* Traits **************************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ************* Écoles d'été et formation **************************** **********************************************************

Écoles d'été et formations

Cours intensif sur l'analyse des pistes 
6-10 mai 2019, Université de Sherbrooke
Cours intensif : Taxonomie et méthodes d’échantillonnage en tourbières 
6-17 mai 2019, Université Laval
Dendrochronological Fieldweek 2019 
16-21 mai 2019, Station FERLD
Traits Fonctionnels des Organismes - École thématique internationale
19-24 mai 2019, Porquerolles, France
Cours aux cycles supérieurs: Terrain avancé en géographie 
10-15 juin 2019, FERLD, Abitibi-Témiscamingue
École d'été « Drones et télédétection environnementale » 
13-14 juin 2019, Sherbrooke
Ecole d'été en Biologie et Ecologie intégratives 
6-12 juillet 2019, Pyrénées françaises
École d'été en modélisation de la biodiversité 
19-23 août 2019, Orford
Cours aux cycles supérieurs: Aménagement des écosystèmes forestiers 
19-30 août 2019, Station FERLD

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Carapace ****************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Budworm ****************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Colibri **************************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ********** Pub 6 - Au coeur de l'arbre *********** **********************************************************

...Une exposition
virtuelle sur l'arbre!

********************************************************** ***************** Boîte à trucs *************** **********************************************************

CEF-Référence
La référence vedette !

Jérémie Alluard (2016) Les statistiques au moments de la rédaction 

  • Ce document a pour but de guider les étudiants à intégrer de manière appropriée une analyse statistique dans leur rapport de recherche.

Voir les autres...