YangChenWuEtAl2014

Référence

Yang, G., Chen, H., Wu, N., Tian, J., Peng, C., Zhu, Q., Zhu, D., He, Y., Zheng, Q. and Zhang, C. (2014) Effects of soil warming, rainfall reduction and water table level on CH4 emissions from the Zoige peatland in China. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 78:83-89. (Scopus )

Résumé

The Zoige Plateau features approximately 4605km2 of peatlands, making it the largest peatland area in China. This area stored 2.9Pg peat during the Holocene, yet little is known about methane (CH4) emissions from this region. In this study, we designed a mesocosm experiment to measure CH4 emissions during the growing seasons of 2009-2010 under different scenarios involving soil warming, 20% reduction in rainfall and changes in the water table level. Our results showed that CH4 emissions were higher in 2009 than in 2010 under all experimental conditions. Average soil temperature was approximately 11.4°C under control conditions, 13.3°C under soil warming conditions, 12.7°C with 20% rainfall reduction, and 13.4°C under combined conditions of soil warming and 20% reduced rainfall. For the single factor effect, soil warming treatment increased average CH4 emissions by 28%, while rainfall reduction increased it by 30%; however, neither increase was statistically significant. In contrast, the combined effect of soil warming and rainfall reduction significantly decreased CH4 emissions by an average of 58%. Extending this result across the entire peatland area in the Zoige Plateau translates into approximately 5.3Gg of CH4 uptake per year. These results suggest that a drier and warmer Zoige Plateau will become a CH4 sink. Our study also found a positive relationship between water table level and CH4 emissions. Average CH4 emissions decreased by approximately 82% as water drawdown varied from 0 (0.94mg CH4m-2h-1) to-50cm (0.17mgCH4m-2h-1). When we simultaneously examined the effect of all three factors of water table level, soil warming and rainfall reduction on CH4 emissions, we found soil warming and rainfall effect on CH4 emissions varied with water table levels. However, none of the three factors significantly affected CH4 emissions at a water table depth of 30cm below peat depth. © 2014 Elsevier Ltd.

Format EndNote

Vous pouvez importer cette référence dans EndNote.

Format BibTeX-CSV

Vous pouvez importer cette référence en format BibTeX-CSV.

Format BibTeX

Vous pouvez copier l'entrée BibTeX de cette référence ci-bas, ou l'importer directement dans un logiciel tel que JabRef .

@ARTICLE { YangChenWuEtAl2014,
    AUTHOR = { Yang, G. and Chen, H. and Wu, N. and Tian, J. and Peng, C. and Zhu, Q. and Zhu, D. and He, Y. and Zheng, Q. and Zhang, C. },
    TITLE = { Effects of soil warming, rainfall reduction and water table level on CH4 emissions from the Zoige peatland in China },
    JOURNAL = { Soil Biology and Biochemistry },
    YEAR = { 2014 },
    VOLUME = { 78 },
    PAGES = { 83-89 },
    NOTE = { cited By (since 1996)0 },
    ABSTRACT = { The Zoige Plateau features approximately 4605km2 of peatlands, making it the largest peatland area in China. This area stored 2.9Pg peat during the Holocene, yet little is known about methane (CH4) emissions from this region. In this study, we designed a mesocosm experiment to measure CH4 emissions during the growing seasons of 2009-2010 under different scenarios involving soil warming, 20% reduction in rainfall and changes in the water table level. Our results showed that CH4 emissions were higher in 2009 than in 2010 under all experimental conditions. Average soil temperature was approximately 11.4°C under control conditions, 13.3°C under soil warming conditions, 12.7°C with 20% rainfall reduction, and 13.4°C under combined conditions of soil warming and 20% reduced rainfall. For the single factor effect, soil warming treatment increased average CH4 emissions by 28%, while rainfall reduction increased it by 30%; however, neither increase was statistically significant. In contrast, the combined effect of soil warming and rainfall reduction significantly decreased CH4 emissions by an average of 58%. Extending this result across the entire peatland area in the Zoige Plateau translates into approximately 5.3Gg of CH4 uptake per year. These results suggest that a drier and warmer Zoige Plateau will become a CH4 sink. Our study also found a positive relationship between water table level and CH4 emissions. Average CH4 emissions decreased by approximately 82% as water drawdown varied from 0 (0.94mg CH4m-2h-1) to-50cm (0.17mgCH4m-2h-1). When we simultaneously examined the effect of all three factors of water table level, soil warming and rainfall reduction on CH4 emissions, we found soil warming and rainfall effect on CH4 emissions varied with water table levels. However, none of the three factors significantly affected CH4 emissions at a water table depth of 30cm below peat depth. © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. },
    AUTHOR_KEYWORDS = { Climate change; GHG emission; Mesocosm experiment; Peatlands; Qinghai-tibetan plateau },
    CODEN = { SBIOA },
    DOCUMENT_TYPE = { Article },
    DOI = { 10.1016/j.soilbio.2014.07.013 },
    ISSN = { 00380717 },
    KEYWORDS = { Climate change; Experiments; Groundwater; Methane; Peat; Rain; Soils; Water levels; Wetlands, Experimental conditions; GHG emission; Mesocosms; Peat land; Qinghai-Tibetan plateau; Soil temperature; Water table depths; Water table level; Soil warming, Greenhouse gases; Climate change, carbon emission; climate effect; growing season; methane; rainfall; soil water; water table, China; Qinghai-Xizang Plateau; Zoige Plateau },
    SOURCE = { Scopus },
    URL = { http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-84905260556&partnerID=40&md5=c50c48e8cbde156e16eca9a8a714ff46 },
}

********************************************************** ***************** Facebook Twitter *********************** **********************************************************

Abonnez-vous à
l'Infolettre du CEF!

********************************************************** ************* Écoles d'été et formation **************************** **********************************************************

Écoles d'été et formations

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Symphonies_Boreales ****************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ***************** Boîte à trucs *************** **********************************************************

CEF-Référence
La référence vedette !

Jérémie Alluard (2016) Les statistiques au moments de la rédaction 

  • Ce document a pour but de guider les étudiants à intégrer de manière appropriée une analyse statistique dans leur rapport de recherche.

Voir les autres...