PengZhangLiu2001

Référence

Peng, C., Zhang, L., Liu, J. (2001) Developing and validating nonlinear height-diameter models for major tree species of ontario's boreal forests. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry, 18(3):87-94. (Scopus )

Résumé

Six commonly used nonlinear growth functions were fitted to individual tree height-diameter data of nine major tree species in Ontario's boreal forests. A total of 22,571 trees was collected from new permanent sample plots across the northeast and northwest of Ontario. The available data for each species were split into t\vo sets: the majority (90%) was used to estimate model parameters, the remaining data (10%) were reserved to validate the models. The performance of the models was compared and evaluated by model, R2, mean difference, mean absolute difference. The results showed that these six sigmoidal models were able to capture the height-diameter relationships and fit the data equally well, but produced different asymptote estimates. Sigmoidal models such as Chapman-Richards, Weibull, Schnute functions provided the most satisfactory height predictions. The effect of model performance on tree volume estimation was also investigated. Tree volumes of different species were computed by Honer's volume equations using a range of diameters and the predicted tree total height from the six models. For trees with diameter less than 55 cm, the six height-diameter models produced very similar results for all species, while more differentiation canons the models was observed for large-sized trees (e.g., diameters > 80 cm). Copyright © 2001 by the Society of American Foresters.

Format EndNote

Vous pouvez importer cette référence dans EndNote.

Format BibTeX-CSV

Vous pouvez importer cette référence en format BibTeX-CSV.

Format BibTeX

Vous pouvez copier l'entrée BibTeX de cette référence ci-bas, ou l'importer directement dans un logiciel tel que JabRef .

@ARTICLE { PengZhangLiu2001,
    AUTHOR = { Peng, C. and Zhang, L. and Liu, J. },
    TITLE = { Developing and validating nonlinear height-diameter models for major tree species of ontario's boreal forests },
    JOURNAL = { Northern Journal of Applied Forestry },
    YEAR = { 2001 },
    VOLUME = { 18 },
    PAGES = { 87-94 },
    NUMBER = { 3 },
    ABSTRACT = { Six commonly used nonlinear growth functions were fitted to individual tree height-diameter data of nine major tree species in Ontario's boreal forests. A total of 22,571 trees was collected from new permanent sample plots across the northeast and northwest of Ontario. The available data for each species were split into t\vo sets: the majority (90%) was used to estimate model parameters, the remaining data (10%) were reserved to validate the models. The performance of the models was compared and evaluated by model, R2, mean difference, mean absolute difference. The results showed that these six sigmoidal models were able to capture the height-diameter relationships and fit the data equally well, but produced different asymptote estimates. Sigmoidal models such as Chapman-Richards, Weibull, Schnute functions provided the most satisfactory height predictions. The effect of model performance on tree volume estimation was also investigated. Tree volumes of different species were computed by Honer's volume equations using a range of diameters and the predicted tree total height from the six models. For trees with diameter less than 55 cm, the six height-diameter models produced very similar results for all species, while more differentiation canons the models was observed for large-sized trees (e.g., diameters > 80 cm). Copyright © 2001 by the Society of American Foresters. },
    COMMENT = { Cited By (since 1996): 46 Export Date: 14 May 2012 Source: Scopus CODEN: NJAFE },
    ISSN = { 07426348 (ISSN) },
    KEYWORDS = { Forest management, Nonlinear growth function, Permanent sample plot },
    OWNER = { Luc },
    TIMESTAMP = { 2012.05.14 },
    URL = { http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?eid=2-s2.0-0011772103&partnerID=40&md5=4594a152bd5f634a9c61f0885d93c961 },
}

********************************************************** ***************** Facebook Twitter *********************** **********************************************************

Abonnez-vous à
l'Infolettre du CEF!

********************************************************** ***************** Pub - Symphonies_Boreales ****************** **********************************************************

********************************************************** ***************** Boîte à trucs *************** **********************************************************

CEF-Référence
La référence vedette !

Jérémie Alluard (2016) Les statistiques au moments de la rédaction 

  • Ce document a pour but de guider les étudiants à intégrer de manière appropriée une analyse statistique dans leur rapport de recherche.

Voir les autres...