Awards and Accolades
- Marie-Claude Fontaine (Ph.D.) - Bourse Agriculture-Faune, for her dissertation research on the displacement of forest birds from isolated forest fragments in an agricultural landscape.
- Yves Bergeron - Prix Marie-Victorin en sciences de la nature et génie (Prix du Québec)
This prize is the highest honour that the Government of Quebec bestows on an individual in the field of natural sciences and engineering.
- Sylvain Ménard (M.Sc.) - Bourse Forêt-Faune 2006, for his master’s project research characterising wetlands over a vast area (530,000 km2) of the boreal forest.
- Stéphane Lamoureux (M.Sc.) - Bourse Agriculture-Faune 2006, for his master’s project research on the influence of agricultural landscape structure on young tree swallows.
- MartinJLechowicz - The Michel Jurdant Prize from the Association canadienne-française pour l'avancement des sciences (Acfas)
- Christian Messier - [[http://www.nce.gc.ca/media/newsrel/2006/051206-messier_f.htm| Winner of the inaugural Chairs' Award for NCE (the Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada).
- Christopher Buddle - Recipient of the C. Gordon Hewitt Prize from The Entomological Society of Canada , awarded to individuals under 40, who are at the beginning of their scientific carriers, but have already made important contributions to the study of entomology in Canada.
- Christian Messier - Honorary Member, The Association of Biologists of Quebec .
- Virginie Arielle Angers - Natural Resources Prize from Acfas 2006 .
- Christian Messier - Canadian Forestry Scientific Achievement Award from the Canadian Institute of Forestry .
- Marianne Cheveau (Ph.D.) - Bourse Forêt-Faune, for her doctoral dissertation regarding the effects of habitat degradation and loss on the American Marten in the boreal forest.
- Andre Bouchard - The Georges Préfontaine Prize, the Association of Biologists of Quebec
- Sébastien Rioux (M.Sc.) - Bourse Agriculture-Faune 2004, for his master’s thesis research regarding the influence of agricultural landscape structure on densities of wild turkey in southern Quebec.
- Yves Mauffette - The 3M Prize for excellence in teaching, SAPES.
- Louis Bernier - Gordon J. Green Outstanding Young Scientist Award, Canadian Phytopathological Society
- Yves Mauffette - Prize for excellence in teaching, the Université du Québec network
- Louis Belanger - The Georges-Préfontaine Prize from the Association of Biologists of Quebec, for the quality of his participation in the debates surrounding the film L'erreur boréale.